Words like stamina training or how to increase stamina etc are buzzing among the growing boys and girls all over the world. Before delving into the details of stamina training we must first understand what after all stamina is and how important it is in your performance as a splinter. The general understanding of stamina among most of the people is enhanced endurance level. They say that if we consider our body as a tank then stamina is the quantity of gas left inside it after workouts. The people who tend to wind up even in climbing up stairs must be having small tanks while the great sprinters like Usain Bolt and Michael Johnson who coolly covers miles together must have large tanks.
Role of metabolism in enhancing stamina
Metabolism is a complex process by which our body converts the nutrients of the food which we ingest, to energy. All important systems of the body such as respiratory system, cardiovascular system, and gastrointestinal system participate in this process. The oxygen which we breathe through our respiratory system delivers the fuel to the cells, especially to the muscles for which we are interested in this discussion. Increasing stamina means to improve the performance of various systems of the body in order to make the metabolism super efficient. Once we know the “what”, it will be easier to step into the “how”.
How to enhance stamina
For increasing our running stamina we have to take care of two things namely diet and exercise. Let us first discuss about the diet. The diet plan again would depend on your body status. If you happen to be obese or overweight, you have to go for weight loss regimes first prior to training your body for increasing stamina. You will find many weight loss plans on the internet. To name some of the weight reduction regimes there are Paleo diet, Vegan diet, ultralow fat diet, Dukan diet, Very Low-Calorie Diet, HCG Very Low-Calorie Diet and much more. While most of the diet plans depend solely on diet restrictions, HCG diet plan uses one hormonal medicine named HCG drops making it the most popular extreme dietary regime. The details on buying HCG drops can be found on this site. Only after you come in the normal range of BMI, which is 18.5 to 25 as per WHO health guide, you should go for strenuous stamina training which involves different exercises under the guidance of a certified trainer.
In this article, we would restrict our discussion within dietary planning only.
One point we have to remember that unlike weightlifter who needs bulky muscles, a sprinter would require strong lean muscles. We have to strive for building powerful toned muscles as against bulky muscles which increase weight. Stick to organic foods which are most suited for the body metabolism. Avoid processed foods which invariably contain chemicals and toxins. By ingesting such foods we make our metabolism less efficient as it has to work for disposing of these harmful ingredients from the body.
Sometimes excessive hunger and cravings for wrong foods may jeopardize our plans. You may use HCG drops like HCG Complex for controlling your uncompromising carvings.
- Protein is the most important nutrient for building lean muscles and it should come from superior quality and natural protein sources. Protein is the vital element which builds as well as repairs the muscles. As you go into vigorous stamina training it is but natural that you would inflict internal injuries to your muscles. The proteins will rejuvenate you by repairing the muscle injuries quickly. Try to get proteins from:
- Organic eggs
- Red meat organic variety
- For more choices, you may refer the paleo foods and HCG foods which gives a comprehensive list of beneficial protein sources. Proteins are best taken in the morning after you get up, just after your workouts and prior to going to bed.
- The runner burns lots of energy which needs to be supplied through the consumption carbohydrates. These are the fuels for the body which can be burnt fast. But the excess of carbohydrates, if not fully burned, will be converted into fats. The fats can be burnt through slow speed workouts such as long distance running. Carbohydrates are converted into glycogens which is a fast burning fuel while the fats burn slowly. As such the long distance marathon runners require both glycogens as well as fats so that when the glycogens are completely exhausted they get the energy from the fats. But the glycogen store should be high while the fat storage should be low. Go for the complex carbs like whole grain and rice. Beware of bad carbs and go for good carbs. The bad carbs are simple carbs which are digested quickly and give rise to spikes in sugar level in the blood, carvings for more food and many health issues. White rice, processed foods, sugary foods, muffins, candy, pasta, French fries, donuts etc are the examples of bad carbs. The good carbs are called the complex carbs. These carbs need longer time for digestion and you feel full for longer period of time. Examples are whole grains, brown rice, sweet potatoes, fruits, and vegetables.
- Select vegetables which are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Broccoli, Lettuce, Cabbage, cucumber, kale, spinach, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, sweet peppers of all colors, celery, mushroom, carrot are the best choices.
- From the above discussions, we know that fat is important for the runners in limited quantity. The best source of fats is mono-unsaturated fats. Fishes like sardine fishes are the prime source of such fats. The other sources of mono-unsaturated fats as highlighted in the hcg recipes are canola oil, olive oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, peanut butter, sesame oil, nuts, and avocado.
- Have some dairy products such as toned milk, yogurt, and cheese for replenishing the requirements of calcium and other minerals.
- Fruits are important sources of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These are essential for improving the metabolism. You can take an apple, pomegranate, kiwi, various berries, watermelon, apricots, cherries, grapes, plums, pears, and oranges.
Last and not the least are plenty of rest and consumption of fresh refreshing air and plenty of water.